Clarivate Analytics has developed the Institutional Profiles module of InCitesTM, which provides profiles of nearly 800 of the world’s leading universities using a combination of citation metrics from Web of Science, factual information provided by participating institutions, and data from the annual Clarivate Analytics Academic Reputation Survey. The Institutional Profiles service presents details on a wide array of indicators such as faculty and student body size, degrees awarded, teaching and research reputation, funding, citation measures and more.
Institution Profiles are accessible through either the Organizations Explorer or through InCites System Reports.
The Institution Profile is composed of two parts: a header containing information, supplied by the institution as part of the survey, on its mission statement, key people, and a description of the institution. Relevant contact information and links to the institution's social media outlets are also included, when available. Institution Profile Reports are standard for every institution in the InCites dataset.
The second portion of the Institution Profile is composed of ten tiles, three of which include radar charts driven by Institution Profiles indicators populated with data points if the institution participates in the survey and provides the relevant information. Institution Profile report tiles can be saved to custom reports or sent to your dashboard.
Institution Profiles reports consist of the following tiles:
- Web of Science Documents per Year
- Teaching Indicators*
- Research Indicators*
- International Mix*
- Category Normalized Citation Impact - Overall
- Research Areas by Web of Science Documents
- Research Areas by Category NCI
- Collaborating Organizations
- % International Collaborations
- Percent of Web of Science Documents per JIF Quartile
- Count of Web of Science Documents per JIF Quartile
About Institution Profiles Data
- Institution Profiles data are provided as score values in order to enable comparisons.
- Calculations are for institutions only and are overall scores. Values do not change based on filter settings.
- Institution Profiles data is available for all years by utilizing the Time Period filter. Scores will change for the most recent year specified in the filter. A filter for 2003 - 2011 will display 2011 Institution Profiles data.
- Selecting the Trend graph will also display the most recent year's Institution Profiles data.
For a complete overview of the Profiles Project, please visit our website here.