The Journal Citation Reports module within InCites allows you to evaluate and compare journals using citation data drawn from approximately 12,000 scholarly and technical journals and conference proceedings from more than 3,300 publishers in over 80 countries/regions. Journal Citation Reports is the only source of citation data on journals, and includes virtually all specialties in the areas of science, technology, and social sciences.
JCR provides dynamic, interactive features supported by visualizations of JCR indicators that allow researchers and librarians, as well as publishers, to compare, evaluate and inform their decisions on published research in varying fields.
Key features in the Journal Citation Reports allow you to:
- Focus on desired subject categories, enabling you to review journal titles and key performance indicators in the category;
- Compare multiple journals based on a chosen indicator;
- Evaluate the performance of journals in which you or your organization has published research;
- Recognize trending journals in key research categories;
- Identify the ideal journal in which to publish your forthcoming research;
Information in the data table can be customized by clicking Customize Indicators, allowing you to see that information most relevant to you. The network graph is hidden by default, to provide an extended view of the data table. Clicking on hyperlinked indicators will display the calculation that sits behind that year’s figure..